Santiago, Chile Temple

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

MTC Week 6: Aug. 22, 2012


Well, this week was pretty awesome. Sadly I forgot to write in my journal this week so I don't really remember what happened those days, cause writing in my journal is the only way I am able to actually tell you all that is going on here. But I have everything from the other days and it is some awesome stuff so buckle up. Actually it probably was only awesome to me and you will just be really bored... So buckle up! ha-ha.

On Friday of last week I wrote this is my journal:  So today was proabaly the best day in the MTC that I have had so far. It started off with an amazing class with Hermana Breedlove. She is one of my teachers, she served in Panama and is basically awesome. Sadly she will be leaving us after this week to go to a different district because her hours got changed because of school :( so now we are losing both our teachers. But she was so much fun that day. Usually she just seemed annoyed with us when we goofed around, but that day she was laughing and making jokes with us. It was great! (I think it may be because she got a boyfriend or something.... but who knows. maybe she just finally decided she likes us.) Well, after that class we had class with Hermano Sheide, where we beat the top record in this game we have been playing with him the whole time we have been here. As his final district, after teaching here for three years, we have the top score. That's alot of districts that we were able to beat. After that we had one of our zone resource teachers, who was also our first investigator, come teach a lesson to one of the investigators we have now. It was AMAZING. That is the kind of missionary that I want to be. She invited the spirit so easy and cunstructed the lesson perfectly for the investigator, and she did it all right on the spot. It was awesome.

On Saturday I started getting sick, that has been no fun. I have a nasty cough but that's pretty much all I still have.

Lets see.... today is our last day with Hermano Sheide. It is very sad but at the same time I am so grateful that I was able to have him as a teacher. He has definately changed who I am, and will be as a missionary and a person. So now on to talk about yesterday. You know how I wrote that Friday was the best day I have had in the MTC? Well I would have to say that, that has now changed. Yesterday I cannot even really describe how amazing it was. I learned yesterday how much the Spirit can teach you. I think this is one of the most important things that I have learned while being here, how to recognize the spirit and follow those promptings. Yesterday I especially learned that. Yesterday I also had the opportunity to hear from an Apostle. Neil A. Anderson came and spoke. It is the first time so far in the MTC that one has come. It was really cool. I was able to be in the 4th row and it really was amazing. I will mention some of the points he gave in his talk.

1) Follow the prophet
2) Do your duty
3) Trust in the Lord so that He can make you an instrument in His hand
4) Let the Lord shape your back
         -Whom the Lord calls the Lord qualifies
         -The Lord will shape the back to bear the burden set upon it
5) Smile, enjoy yourself
6) Love the people you serve
7) Never ignore a prompting from the Spirit
8) Become converted to The Lord Jesus Christ

"I know that I am weak, but in Him I can be made strong."

I will never let my mind doubt that this gospel is true, that Christ lives and is the Savior of the world. It is true.

-Elder Michael Knapp

No comments:

Post a Comment