Santiago, Chile Temple

Saturday, August 4, 2012

MTC Week 3: Aug. 8, 2012


So first of all yes I was able to go to the temple last p-day.  I thought I had written about it but maybe not.  Anyway, I will write about it again.  Both today and last week we got to start off the day with the temple and I have to say that there isn't any other way to start off the day then being in the house of the Lord.  It is truly an amazing experience.  Did you know the temple has a cafeteria in the basement of it?  Well it does and it has absolutely amazing food.  So much better than here at the mtc anyway.

So last week after p-day wasn't very great.  Thursday I was feeling pretty sick and so it was really hard to have a good atitude.  We also started playing this game to learn Spanish, that has been horrible.  So this game is that we aren't allowed to speak any English all day.  We start off with 5 cards, and for every English word that we accidentally say we lose a card.  Now it wouldn't have been all that bad but some of the guys in the district were just being really annoying about it.  So we have been playing this game for almost a week now.  At first it was just kind of annoying, but as it continued for those first couple of days I can't even describe how it made you feel not being able to speak English to anyone.  The only way I can really explain it is that I felt lonely.  I think the worst part of that was that I felt lonely but I was always surrounded by people, people I couldn't communicate with.  It was one of the hardest things I have ever experienced in my life.  Also one of the hardest aspects of it was that I couldn't sing.  For those of you who have been around me a lot, I am constantly singing.  but now I couldn't.

Then Sunday rolled around and everything changed.  The day started off with some amazing personal study,  sacrament meeting and priesthood, then I went to choir with 2 guys from my district.  It was ablsolutetly amazing.  I have truly missed singing in a choir, being able to make such beautiful music with a bunch of people that I have never met. It is the love for music and what we are singing about that brings us together.  It was truly amazing to be able to experience that again.

Yesterday for devotional we listened to a pretty awesome talk.  He talked alot about trusting the Lord.  God has an eternal perspective on our lives and knows what is best for us.  When we trust in Him and follow Him he will lead us where we need to be and to what is best for us.  At the end of his talk he quoted Pres. Monson, "Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies."  This reminds me of when in 1 Nephi, Nephi says that God doesn't ask man to do anything that he does not give him the strength to do.  I know that we can accomplish all things when we trust in the Lord.

Go forward with faith,

Elder Michael Knapp


No comments:

Post a Comment