Santiago, Chile Temple

Saturday, August 11, 2012

MTC Week 4: Aug. 8, 2012


Hey everyone, so I have officially been in the MTC for one month now. It's so weird because it only feels like I have been here for like a week at most, or more like a day. But really it does only feel like I just barely got here.  Hmm....that seemed a little redundant...oh well. So there isn't really much new with me here. Every day here is pretty much the exact same, wake up - study - eat - teach/study - eat - teach/study - eat - study - sleep. It's probably not a good thing that I am only half way through my time here and I already really want to go out to Chile and teach people. It would probably help to know Spanish first though... haha.
No my Spanish is improving incredibly fast. Not to mention that our teacher is pushing us super hard. We have already learned as much as the district that is leaving in 5 days. We don't have quite as much practice with it obviously, but we have learned it all.  Now we just need to practice speaking it more. We have been still playing the game where we can only speak Spanish, but it has been getting much easier. We can basically say anything we want to now, even if we may have to do it in a very round about way sometimes.

Lets see... things with my companion are going well I guess. They could be better but it has definately improved some. He is very socially awkward and has a really hard time with Spanish. Last week I kind of blew up on him, not yelling or anything because it takes alot to get me to that point, but I was just done with him and was a little harsh with him. Since then though I have been better at dealing with things with him. I think I just needed to release some of the built up anger and frustration. He has been improving quite a bit with his Spanish and has been actually able to teach parts of our lessons now. It has made an amazing difference. I think my companion has finally broken out of his shell because he has been being really weird/crazy lately.  It's kinda freaking me out a little bit... but I guess thats better than him not saying anything all the time.

Last week we were in TRC (where we teach members lessons) and we had this lady that was from Chile and she was so hard to understand.  It kind of freaked me out because of how little we were able to understand, but I guess that's why we have 4 more weeks here. She just spoke so fast.

Oh, I forgot to say I was talking to one of our zone teachers and she went on her mission to Santiago North too, so I was asking her tons of questions about the weather and stuff. She said that it rains a ton during the winter but otherwise has about the same weather as Utah does.

Well I think that is all for now...

"Your testimony has the power to defeat the adversary, so DON'T BACK DOWN." (quote from the devotional last night.)

-Elder Michael Knapp

No comments:

Post a Comment