Santiago, Chile Temple

Sunday, December 2, 2012

November 26, 2012


Hello world!

Well this week has been alright.  So first I am going to start off with a story that happened a few days ago.  We were going to stop by the house of an inactive couple in the ward, but we ended up being really late because we had to go to an interview for someone to get baptized in another ward.  So we were just going to stop by to set up another appointment.  The wife answered the door and we talked for a bit and she said her husband was killing a rabbit.  I didn't really think much of it until she invited us to go watch.  haha.  It was one of those moments where you can't really say no, so we went back and watched.  Thankfully it was already dead when we went back there, but he started skinning the rabbit.  It was kinda gross to watch, but really interesting.  The skin and fur came off, but then there was another layer of skin under that, that holds everything together.  So it just looked like a rabbit with no fur and transparent skin.... yeah it was pretty gross.  The rabbit was a lot smaller without the fur though.  That was kind of interesting.  He was just going to throw the fur away and I almost asked him if I could have it.  Then I thought about it and realized I had no idea what I would do with it, so it would probably be better not to ask for it.  haha.

A couple weeks ago we went to a place to have shirts made for our sector.  They are pretty awesome.  We got them this last week.  The t-shirt says, te maginai?.  Which just means, can you imagine?, basically, but it's more of an inside joke.  It also has our names and a number on the back.

A cool experience I got to have was to give Janis a blessing this past week.  She has been going through a really rough time so we gave her a blessing of comfort.  It's really difficult to give a blessing in Spanish.. haha.  It's just talking, but you have to use a different form of language then we use every day as missionaries, so I'm not as accustomed to it.  I had to think about almost every word I used.  But it was a really neat experience.  Janis is doing really well.  Hopefully she will be able to be baptized this next Sunday before I get transferred.  I think that she will.

Not much really happened this week other than that stuff.  I don´t know if I have said this before, but we get to go to the temple once a year at Christmas time, so we should be going soon.  The temple is in Santiago, but not the part that is in my mission.  That will be a really cool experience.  It's really weird that Christmas is here already.  It doesn't feel like I have been in the mission very long because I left in the summer and well... it's still summer here.  haha.  All the days kind of blur together because we do so much of the same things every day.  I really missed being home for Thanksgiving.  I didn't even realize that it was already that time of year.  The mission is just like a bubble, you don´t hear or see anything that goes on in the world.

Oh, something that is really funny about the people in Chile, is that they all think that the United States is worse than Chile.  But they also want to be like the U.S.... it doesn't really make sense.  It does kind of get annoying when people are always talking about how awful the U.S. is though, but you get used to it. You just have to agree that Chile is freaking AWESOME!!!!  haha.

Well, that's all for now folks.  ¡choa choa!

Elder Michael Knapp

No comments:

Post a Comment