Santiago, Chile Temple

Sunday, December 9, 2012

December 3, 2012


Well today we had changes in the mission.  Unfortunately I left my sector. :(  Normally I wouldn't be that sad because I wasn't getting along with my companion, but yesterday Janis got baptized !!!  Woooo!!!!  But now I'm not there anymore, so that made me pretty sad to have to leave her and not see her progression in the church.  I never really thought of the connection that I would have with my converts.  It is like she is part of my family.  But you always have to say goodbye in the mission.  I think that is the hardest thing about the mission, is it is a never ending stream of goodbyes.  So back to the changes, right now I'm in the office.  I'm working in the sector that the office is in with all the missionaries in the office, because they don't have time to work in the sector.  I'm going to be helping them with their work in the office and also going out to proselyte with them when they have time.  I'm kind of like the floater in the office.  It's a little weird, but it works.

I guess I will talk a little bit about the baptism of Janis.   It was so amazing to see her progress from nothing, to being a member of the church.  The changes that she has made in her life are so amazing.  She literally changed her life.  She is so happy now, when before she was so sad and frustrated all the time.  She finally can have peace in her life, or a peace of mind at least, even if the tings going on in her life aren't going that great.  I also learned something amazing from Janis, the impact that people can have in your life.  I have talked a little about the impact that we had on Janis, but also Janis has made a big impact on me.  She taught me how to look at life in a positive way when nothing is going good.  I don't know exactly how to explain it.  Just that every person has an impact in your life, and you have an impact in the life of every person you meet, and some that you don't even meet.

I don't really have any more for now, so love you all!

Elder Michael Knapp

No comments:

Post a Comment