Santiago, Chile Temple

Sunday, September 9, 2012

MTC Week 8: Sept. 5, 2012



Hey Everyone!

Okay, so I only have 5 days left here. WOOO!!!! But also no wooo. haha. It is so exciting to be able to finally be able to go out and teach people but I'm also really scared because, well lets face it, I am not going to be able to understand anyone when I get out there. I don't know if I have said this yet but Chileans are one of the fastest dialects of Spanish in the world. But it will be so fun and I am so excited! So I am leaving Tuesday morning, and guess when I get to Chile? Wednesday morning! So pretty much I'm going to be sleeping for 25 hours. haha. Okay not that much, but only because I will be walking from one plane to another in Atlanta, so close to 25 hours. Oh, I'm also looking forward to another summer when I get to Chile :), even though I have gotten so white from being inside all the time here in the MTC so I will probably fry when I get there.

Okay, now to talk about what I have been doing here in the MTC. I have forgotten to say this in the last two letters. So two weeks okay from this last Sunday I had to sing a solo in church. Sorry to all my family that always tried to get me to sing in church, but they really didn't give me much of a choice. haha. But it was kinda funny because like 2 days before that Sunday I got sick and could barely sing the song, (I sang, Come Thou Font of Every Blessing). But I still got up and sang during sacrament meeting and thankfully didn't crack or anything like I had been during practice. But that was a really fun experiece. I am really glad I got to do that.

It was cool on Sunday, for the devotional we got to watch the video of the "Celebration of Life", the 85th birthday celebration for Pres. Monson. It was really cool and I would recomend you watch it. I thought it was really good but maybe because I haven't heard real music like that for 2 months. haha. But it really was good.

Well my spiritual thought for the week is from the devotional that was last night. The speaker said "The Lord will answer your prayers in your own language." She was refering to the challenge of learning a new language, but I think it means more than that.  How the Lord knows each of us so well, that when we pray with faith, He will answer us in a way that is personal and unique for each one of us, in a way that we will perfectly understand. I know this to be true from my own personal experiences. God does hear and answer our prayers.

--Elder Michael Knapp

No comments:

Post a Comment